AKA SoCal Leadership Team:
President – Mali Sheridan, Santa Barbara
Vice President – David Holland, Los Angeles
Treasurer – Betsy Schaffer, Santa Barbara
Secretary – Maria Taesil Hudson Carpenter, Los Angeles
- Provide emotional, social, and cultural support through informal gatherings, activities, and projects;
- Increase awareness and understanding of interracial adoption, and primarily transracial Korean adoption, through education and outreach;
- Encourage and facilitate educational, cultural, and support services for Korean adoptees;
- Serve as a link between Korean adoptees and the Korean American community, the adoption community, and the general public;
- Create an international network of Korean adoptees, adoptee organizations and related resources.
The mission of the IKAA Network is to enrich the global adoption community, promote the sharing of information and resources between adult adoptee associations, strengthen cross-cultural relations and innovate post-adoption services for the broader international adoptee community.