What: Korean Adoptee Post-Reunion Discussion
When: Saturday, November 19 · 4:00pm – 6:00p
Where: Meet in private, reserved room at Hwa Sun Ji Tea & Coffee;
3960 Wilshire Blvd Ste 100, LA, CA 90010
(Metered street parking and parking lot in back with free validation)
PLEASE RSVP ON FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=291508497543970
At this meeting we plan to hold a unique discussion for Korean adoptees who are curious about the reunions between Korean adoptees and their birth families as well as post-reunion experiences. A common misperception around adoptee/birth family reunions is that the reunion itself represents a successful conclusion to an emotional and often long journey—a happily-ever-after ending. Through this discussion, we aim to help others who encounter similar situations, questions, emotions, and concerns as well as engage in a discussion that explores the many facets of post-reunion issues in relation to the adoption triad—adoptee, birth family and adoptive family. Join us for our next discussion to examine and explore the following topics:
• Searching for birth family and the initial reunion
• Navigating new terrain: managing family expectations and creating boundaries
• Cultural differences, language barrier, etc.
• Dealing with a long distance relationship with your birth family
• Balancing the relationship between your birth family and adoptive family
Hope to see many of you there!
Andrea & Robyn