I’d like to inform you about a tremendous opportunity to become part of the team here at Visual Communications as a full-time staff member: We’re now accepting applicants for the Director of Development position.
The best candidates for this position will care about film and media arts as methods to promote cross-cultural connections. They’ll also be familiar with L.A.’s Asian Pacific American community and organizations including the Association of Korean Adoptees of Southern California. You’ll find the job listing below and also on our site at: http://www.vconline.org/alpha/cms//index.cfm/get-involved/jobs/director-of-development/.
We appreciate your dedication to Visual Communications and look forward to your continued support.
Daina Beth Solomon
Development & Marketing Intern
Visual Communications — Connecting Communities Through Media Arts email@example.com | p: 213.680.4462 | f: 213.687.4848
VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT http://www.vconline.org/alpha/cms//index.cfm/get-involved/jobs/director-of-development/
The Director of Development position is responsible for Visual Communications fundraising efforts as a mid-size, full service media arts organization focused on serving Asian Pacific media arts and artists. S/he plans, directs and implements a comprehensive development program that generates individual donors, foundation, government and corporate support.
The job includes fund development, information management, marketing, research, grant writing and reporting. S/he will develop VC’s major donor plan in line with the Strategic Planning goals for the organization. S/he will also work closely with Program Staff in implementing fundraising and evaluation activities for our regular programs and will be a part of the core team during our annual L.A. Asian Pacific Film Festival. The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
1. Directs a fund development program that includes government, foundation and corporate gifts, special events and individual giving, and will develop major donor and planned giving efforts;
2. Oversees and implements strategies that will grow annual revenue, writes proposals and secures funding from corporate and foundation donors ;
3. Research new grants and foundation initiatives, keeps current of funding trends;
4. With the Executive Director and Board, builds and sustains relationships with current, new and potential grant-giving organizations and individuals;
5. Experience managing and coordinating annual fundraising events;
6. Maintains an accurate grants calendar and transmits this information monthly to the Executive Director;
7. Manages individual donor campaigns, including membership renewals and special appeals;
8. Manages organizational membership database – creates profiles and tracks donors and prospects;
9. Develops, markets and implements a planned giving program to ensure VC’s long-term financial health;
10. Assists with content development for the website, marketing materials, e-newsletters and social networking sites to ensure inclusion of donor-focused content;
11. Assist with marketing of VC programs, implement marketing strategies, generate audiences and increase memberships;
12. Works with with the VC Board to enhance development efforts and individual giving campaigns;
11. Represents VC at public events, conferences, and screenings as necessary.
* Personal commitment to goals and mission of Visual Communications
* Minimum three years experience in charitable fund development with proven results
* Experience working with mid-size organizations with annual income of approximately $1M
* Demonstrated success in successfully soliciting and securing major gifts from individuals
* Demonstrated success in securing major annual gifts from foundations and corporations
* Demonstrated success with grant writing, sponsorships and special events
* Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and donors
* Excellent written/oral communication skills
* Computer literacy and competency with electronic donor tracking systems
* Contacts in the Asian Pacific and California philanthropic community desired
Salary: commensurate with experience
Hours: full time, 40 hours
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to: Shinae Yoon, Executive Director, Visual Communications Shinae@vconline.org
Deadline: Please apply by August 26th, 2011